JOB TITLE: Senior .NET Developer
DEPARTMENT NAME: Software Development
LOCATION: Los Angeles, CA
REPORTS TO: VP, Product Management
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
This position requires a flexible .NET developer to work with an existing team to develop Data Quality and Address Validation software, services and solutions. Prior experience in USPS CASS and Canada Post SERP regulations as well as other mail certification processes would be hugely beneficial to the candidate. The role includes both new application/web development as well as product maintenance and customization, and a candidate is expected to be able to produce high quality code to specification and be able to clearly communicate progress. You will also be required to assist in developing scalable solutions for third party applications, so a familiarity with CRM systems, ETL Tools and Master Data Management would be advantageous.
• Take a project through the entire lifecycle of analysis, design, coding, testing and implementation and support.
• Work from detailed specifications and provide estimates and recommendations for development projects during planning phases.
• Maintenance of existing applications, improving the performance, efficiency and health of existing code.
• Implement all aspects of modern application design – high performance design, coding, caching mechanisms, security, encryption, state management, error logging, debugging, scalability, code reviews, development environment configuration, and unit testing.
• Provide an understanding of the product from both a functional and technical perspective, and be able to advise both technical and non-technical users on best practices.
• Offer assistance to customers and Smartsoft support team to troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve software issues in production and Q/A.
• Be an active member of the team, offering assistance and recommendations to fellow developers. Participate in development meetings and planning sessions.
• Produce product documentation, writing concise and clear guidelines for application operation and functionality.
• Prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously, at times under pressure, with a high level of professionalism, providing a flexible and adaptable work ethic.
• Bachelor of Science Degree.
• Proven track record of designing effective and successful software applications, API’s and websites.
• 5+ years commercial development experience, with at least 3 years of C/C++, C#, ASP.NET, NET Framework, Visual Studio 2010+
• Extensive experience with design and implementation of web services (SOAP and RESTful)
• Database application development, including SQL Server (SSIS, Stored Procedures, CLR development) as well as experience with other databases/connectivity technologies.
• Demonstrable UX/UI experience
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Enthusiastic and proactive approach to work.
• Self-motivated, capable of working independently.
• US citizenship or work authorization required.
• Paid vacation and sick days
• Medical and dental insurance
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org